Deactivates mirroring for a defined mirror coupling.
mirror_deactivate < vol=<VolName [ ,VolName... ] > | cg=cgName >
|vol||Object name||Master volume name or a list of master volumes.||N|
|cg||Object name||Master CG name or a list of master CGs||N|
This command deactivates a coupling and switches it to an Inactive state. While in the Inactive state, only the master volume is updated. This is in contrast to the Active state, where the slave volume is updated together with the master volume.
If the mirroring is already inactive, this command has no effect and a success code is returned.
If more than one volume is specified, mirroring on all the volumes is deactivated. Furthermore, the deactivation of all the volumes is performed as an atomic operation, so that the slave volumes remain consistent with each other.
- Deactivating a Consistency Group affects all of its volumes
- The command can't be issued on the Slave.
- The specified target does not exist
- The specified target is non-mirrored
- The specified target is a volume that belongs to a Consistency Group (in such a case, you have to deactivate the entire Consistency Group)
- Some of the specified targets are masters and some are slaves
- The command can be applied at each time to either master[s] or slave[s], but not both
- The target is slave, yet the link is up.
- If multiple volumes are specified in the command and some are already part of an inactive mirror, the command will fail for all mirrors, including those that were active. The relevant completion code is: SYNC_ALREADY_INACTIVE.